Thoughts on doing history from the field.
- Every day’s a burn day – thoughts on burning and writing
- From story to history – how people really record history
- Modeling fire behavior – how disciplines describe behavior
- Taking the measure of the two cultures – the National Archives and NASA Goddard Space Center compared
- The cash-value of fire history – talk presented at 3rd Fuels and Fire Behavior Conference
- Reporting history: the past as now – thoughts on journalism and real-time history
- When the small is big – fuel and fire behavior on the Wallow, and how local circumstances and agents matter